32-40 h p/w | Rotterdam
Junior Expeditor Ocean / Air specialist
Are you a go-getter who chooses the right carrier and takes care of the necessary permits, price requests and booking of loads? Do you want to work for VPS, the specialist in industrial capital goods, project cargo and special cargo? Then we are looking for you!
What will you do?
As a Junior Expeditor, you are an important link between the customer and the carrier. You ensure the most efficient and fast way of transporting goods from one place to another. With your expertise you ensure that the product reaches the customer. You offer support to the (senior) forwarder and are co-responsible for customers when it comes to sea and air freight forwarding. You ensure that the shipment runs smoothly and carry out the administration for this. You spot any bottlenecks in time and liaise with the (senior) forwarder. You also take care of the insurance of the goods and the customs declarations for import and export.
What can you expect from us?
- We will make sure you are properly inducted and receive the proper guidance;
- A workplace in a beautiful building in the heart of downtown Rotterdam with its own courtyard garden;
- Good benefits including: travel reimbursement, 8% vacation pay, profit sharing scheme and the possibility of permanent employment;
- An attractive pension accrual, with 50% of your premium paid by the employer;
- You will become part of a fine and enthusiastic team;
- Of course delicious coffee or tea.
What do you bring?
- You have an MBO+ or HBO working and thinking level; A completed internship in the field of forwarding or previous work experience in the field is a plus;
- You are proactive and eager to learn to further develop yourself as a Freight Forwarder;
- Good communication skills;
- Proficiency in Dutch and English (written and oral);
- Proficient with MS office packages, preferably shipping center.
In terms of personality, we are looking for a team player with an overview, a positive drive and the will to make a success of it together. Do you not meet all the requirements, but do you consider yourself suitable for the vacancy? Do not hesitate to apply anyway! Maybe you are the addition to our team that we need.
Who are we?
VPS is freight forwarder in a demanding niche: industrial capital goods, project cargo and special cargo. We offer customized solutions to transportation challenges through the intelligent integration of various modes. Value-free advice, value-free execution. Always in accordance with our customers' schedules, budgets and requirements.
The team at VPS masters the freight forwarding profession to the fingertips. We switch quickly and improvise smartly. All over the world, we work with a close and reliable network of logistics specialists, agents and more. What we promise, we deliver. Committed and working hard without letting go of the logistical reins. VPS is a member of FENEX, the trade association for freight forwarders.
You're still here!
We believe that work should be fun and should suit you. In terms of challenges, of course, but the balance between work and private life is also important. So if you sport intensively, or like to take your children to school, then together we can make proper arrangements. You happy, we happy!
Nice that you are interested, we would like to receive your CV and cover letter via email@example.com (VPS is part of Meilink).
More information? Then contact Rob van Luik (Operational Director VPS) at: 06-53719769.
Please note that acquisition is not appreciated!
"Everything has been thought about by Meilink. For example, you can see very clearly on purpose that the crates are screwed shut. This prevents the receiving party from opening the crate with a crowbar and still damaging the contents."
Bouke Willems | Royal Eijkelkamp