32-40 u/wk | Schijndel
Draughtsman Industrial Products
Designing high quality packaging so that our customers can transport their sensitive and expensive machines; that's what you will do as a draughtsman at Meilink. We mainly operate in the semiconductor industry. That means we work for manufacturers who make machines to produce microchips, for example. These are often expensive modules containing shock and temperature sensitive instruments. The packaging we build around them is essential, because nothing must be allowed to break down during the transport of this sensitive equipment.
Designing high quality packaging so that our customers can transport their sensitive and expensive machines; that's what you will do as a draughtsman at Meilink. We mainly operate in the semiconductor industry. That means we work for manufacturers who make machines to produce microchips, for example. These are often expensive modules containing shock and temperature sensitive instruments. The packaging we build around them is essential, because nothing can be allowed to break down during the transport of this sensitive equipment.
Meilink is a large SME company with a good working atmosphere. Mutual communication is easily accessible. From production to management; the door is always open. The Meilink way of working permeates our organization and as soon as you start here you will learn and experience the Meilink DNA. You will become part of a dynamic company where sustainability is paramount. You will have room for your own initiative and entrepreneurship. If you have a good idea, we are always open to investigate whether it is applicable.
What will you do?
You will design and develop new technical products. These can be advanced metal-framed cases (for cleanrooms), with buffers and other systems incorporated. You follow the production process from A to Z and have regular contact with customers to think up new packaging. The great thing about this job is that you actually see your work go out the door. From drawing to shipping; you're on it.
- You will design and develop new technical products. These may include advanced boxes that contain a metal frame (for clean rooms), with buffers and other systems.
- Improve existing products/packaging.
- Advise the customer on the best possible solutions; you provide solicited and unsolicited advice.
- Working closely with team leaders, customers and production staff. You are a regular presence on the shop floor.
What do you bring?
You have responsible work. Therefore, you feel ownership of your task area and you have a helicopter view. Creativity is also important because every package is different and you know how to make the most of it for our customers.
- Completed MBO-4 education towards mechanical engineering, industrial designer (but practical experience) or in another appropriate technical direction
- You have at least 1-2 years of work experience, as some knowledge of an ERP system and drawing programs (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) is nice
- Good knowledge of the Dutch language in word and writing
What can we offer you?
- A starting salary of up to €4,131 gross per month (40 hours, medior level);
- Company laptop and phone;
- A work environment with plenty of room for initiative and entrepreneurship;
- Fun and healthy work atmosphere within a fine technical team;
- Working at a family-owned company in the dynamic packaging industry, a leader in sustainability;
- Good working conditions such as: 24 vacation days and 7 collective days off, possibility to work from home, 8% vacation pay and a profit sharing scheme;
- An attractive pension accrual, with 50% of your premium paid by Meilink;
- Development and training opportunities;
- Several fun promotions and at least once a year a team or company outing;
- Of course delicious coffee and also fresh fruit.
Working at Meilink
.... is working at a family-owned company that ranks among the top industrial packaging companies. We design and manufacture industrial packaging, package industrial (capital) goods and take care of their transport. We do this for various sectors, for example: defense, construction, medical or electronics. Meilink is a family business founded 148 years ago. It has seven branches with a total of
a total of over 450 employees. The culture can be characterized as open, short lines and caring. We give a lot of trust and freedom, which ensures a good work-life balance. Together, we work hard to exceed our clients' expectations every time. Of course, there is also room for fun: successes are celebrated as much as possible, others take a leisurely walk
and our staff parties are never boring.
You're still here!
We believe that work should be fun and should suit you. In terms of challenges, of course, but the balance between work and private life is also important. So if you sport intensively, or like to take your children to school, then together we can make proper arrangements. You happy, we happy!
Are you the candidate we are looking for? Then we would like to receive your CV and motivation at: email@example.com.
"Everything has been thought about by Meilink. For example, you can see very clearly on purpose that the crates are screwed shut. This prevents the receiving party from opening the crate with a crowbar and still damaging the contents."
Bouke Willems | Royal Eijkelkamp